How to Install macOS Mojave on VirtualBox on Windows 10?
As long as the world is, there will be innovation, taking from political, Social, technology, everything. In 2018 many New technologies released which are improved compared to the previous versions. This year, iPhone Xs, X mac, X R, Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Pixel 3 lite, Xiaomi Mi Mix 3, LG/Sprint 5G Phone, one plus 6t and many more. But one of the biggest in innovation in the category of an operating system was Apple’s macOS 10.14 Mojave. This awesome operating system came into the market with a completely new look, design, technology, and features. Unfortunately, this awesome operating system is not available for everyone and most Mac users have the advantage of using it. But the Good & interesting news is, that Windows users who are seeking testing and walking around its features, they Install macOS on VirtualBox on Windows 10. However, there will be some limited things but once you got the idea you may be happy about using it. So, Follow this Step by Step Article to Install macOS Mojave on VirtualBox on Windows 10.
- VirtualBox: VirtualBox is an open source virtual machine software which is built and developed by Solari’s company for visualization purposes. These Open sources users compare to VMware Workstation pro because it is an open sources software. Comparing VirtualBox with VMware would be a great idea but we can’t compare them here in details. But know this, that the VirtualBox is the first Virtualization software for Mac which supports the mac Guest Operating system. Also, many Lynda Trainers are using Virtualbox for Penetration testing because of being open source, simple and fast.
- macOS Mojave VMDK File: Apple has released macOS 10.14 Mojave on September 24, 2018, after macOS High Sierra. This Particular software is very awesome from every angle compared to other Apple’s operating system. But since it is coming with dmg extension only for mac, windows users are seeking to use macOS 10.14 Mojave on Windows. John, who is the techsviewer’s CEO and Admin have created a macOS Mojave VMDK File where everyone can test macOS Mojave. This VMDK or macOS Virtual Image can be used in Windows, Kali Linux and mac itself. So, the good news is that as long as you have the macOS 10.14 Mojave VMDK File, you can test and Install macOS Mojave on VirtualBox and VMware.
- Codes: in order to Install macOS Mojave on VirtualBox, A set of specific codes are required, and these codes can solve many errors. If the codes are not applied correctly, you will face many errors while installing macOS Mojave on VirtualBox. We will provide these set of codes for you both for VirtualBox v5.x and with VirtualBox under version 5.
- WinRAR: Well, the software which is required for installing macOS 10.14 Mojave on VirtualBox is WinRAR. Because the actual setup of macOS Mojave Virtual Image (VMDK) is 8GB but compressing it becomes about 6.x GB. So, this software is required for extraction of macOS 10.14 Mojave.
Install macOS Mojave on VirtualBox on Windows (Prerequisites)
Well, macOS Mojave is about to be tested on Windows on VirtualBox, but there are some the prerequisites which must be done. The things must be done before installing macOS Mojave on Virtualbox are:
- Installing VirtualBox itself on Windows 10
- Creating a Virtual Machine and attaching the macOS Mojave VMDK to it.
- Configuring the VirtualBox Settings.
- Bringing changes to the codes.
- Applying one by one the codes on CMD.
Well, as I said that VirtualBox is an open source visualization software, and the Installation is also so simple. I know you can do it but in case if you don’t know Installing, follow the below steps, otherwise, you can skip this part.
- Launch the setup by double click.
- Click Next, Next, Next, and yes.
- Now click Install to copy the required files in Drive C.
- Click Finish.
Let’s go ahead and start creating the Virtual Machine inside the VirtualBox.
- Lunch the VirtualBox and click new, after that give a name for the Virtual Machine. Well, if you are using the VirtualBox version 5.2.22, the macOS 10.14 version will appear, if not, make that 10.13 or 10.12.
- The amount of RAM must be at least 4 GB, however, the Virtualbox recommends you 2 GB. But Since our team has used this operating system several times, we recommend you the RAM must be at least 4 GB.
- Select Use an Existing Virtual Hard Disk File and click create. To locate the macOS 10.14 Mojave Virtual Image (VMDK) click on the yellow icon and import that.
The Virtual machine for macOS 10.14 Mojave is created but now let’s configure the Virtual machine’s settings. Select the VM and click on the Settings.
- Move to System tab and uncheck the floppy disk and please sure to check Enable I/O APIC, Enable EFI and Hardware clock in UTC Time.
- Move to the next tab and increase the number of Processors to 2 processors.
- Now go to Display window and change the amount of Video Memory to 128 MB, with 3D Acceleration.
When you are with the settings click Ok and go to the File menu and exit the Virtual Box, otherwise, you will face so many errors while installing macOS Mojave on VirtualBox.
Codes For VirtualBox 5.x
cd "C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\" VBoxManage.exe modifyvm "Virtual Machine Name" --cpuidset 00000001 000106e5 00100800 0098e3fd bfebfbff VBoxManage setextradata "Virtual Machine Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemProduct" "iMac11,3" VBoxManage setextradata "Virtual Machine Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemVersion" "1.0" VBoxManage setextradata "Virtual Machine Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiBoardProduct" "Iloveapple" VBoxManage setextradata "Virtual Machine Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/DeviceKey" "ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpleasedontsteal(c)AppleComputerInc" VBoxManage setextradata "Virtual Machine Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/GetKeyFromRealSMC" 1
Codes For VirtualBox 4.x
cd "C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\" VBoxManage.exe modifyvm "Virtual Machine Name" --cpuidset 00000001 000306a9 04100800 7fbae3ff bfebfbff VBoxManage setextradata "Virtual Machine Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemProduct" "MacBookPro11,3" VBoxManage setextradata "Virtual Machine Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemVersion" "1.0" VBoxManage setextradata "Virtual Machine Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiBoardProduct" "Iloveapple" VBoxManage setextradata "Virtual Machine Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/DeviceKey" "ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpleasedontsteal(c)AppleComputerInc" VBoxManage setextradata "Virtual Machine Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/GetKeyFromRealSMC" 1
Now copy the codes for the Virtual Machine which you are using. Then Replace the Virtual Machine Name with the Name of Your VM. In my case, I have copied the code inside the Notepad and replaced all of them at once using the replace button on the edit menu.
Run Command Prompt as Administrator in order to apply the codes one by one.
Now go ahead and apply all the codes one by one on CMD. And please make sure that the VirtualBox is not running in the background, otherwise, the codes will be wasted.
Install macOS Mojave on VirtualBox on Windows 10
Power on the Virtual Machine to start the installation process of macOS 10.14 Mojave on VirtualBox on Windows 10. Once you power on the Virtual machine a set of codes will appear which will take about 2 to 3 minutes. So, don’t worry. For a better understanding look at the screenshot.
- Once you passed the apple logo, you will be on the Welcome Windows where you have to specify your country. Specifying your country will set your time and the Dynamic Background.
If you have another keyboard layout simple add that, if not go with the default settings.
Agree to the Data & privacy of Apple’s New operating system.
Select Don’t Transfer any information to this mac.
Decide to sign in with Apple ID or local. I will go with the Default settings.
Agree to the terms and conditions.
Create a user account and click continue.
click continue on express set up Window.
Choose a theme of Light or Dark.
After that wait for some seconds until the desktop should ready for first-time use.
That’s all with How to Install macOS Mojave on VirtualBox. Well, if you have any question, suggestions, feedbacks please let us know.